I am not a bodybuilder

So as I was leaving work this afternoon I stopped in the kitchen to get some water for my drive home. A guy from the office did a double take and said "you look like you've been hitting the weights hard, are you bodybuilding again?"

Well for starters I've never done any bodybuilding and I started running through all the reasons I could never be a bodybuilder and that really got me thinking, the main reason that I'm not going to do any bodybuilding, I don't like to count. Counting seems to be a big part of bodybuilding, counting everything.

Things I counted today.

Sets, reps, weight on the bar

Things I didn't count today.

calories
macro-nutrients
time between meals
ounces of water
hours of sleep
time between sets
eccentric and concentric portions of reps
visible abs
bicep to calf ratio
time on a treadmill
veins in my quadriceps
all the other things bodybuilders seem to obsess over

No comments:

Post a Comment